Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Does anyone know What Kind of Plant This is?

This bush grows in out front yard. I don't remember planting it. Yet, it is growing where it must have been planted. I have never seen a bush like this. It has these reddish brown flowers with yellowish tips on the petals that almost look like they are carved out of wood.

The flowers bloom all summer. It sends these branches up and they stay there all winter, but in the spring it starts up all new foliage.

Here is a close-up of the flower and leaf. If you are the first person who can tell me about my plant, or at least tell me the name, I will send you a prize.
~Mom

1 comment:

  1. Winning a prize for a plant id! This got me excited. You have a Calycanthus floridus, aka sweet shrub Carolina Allspice. Info about it says parts are poisonous and it's deer resistant. ~ Linda from Theo

    ReplyDelete