Monday, February 13, 2012

Long Distance Relationships

I miss my sister! It has been over a year and a half since I have seen her. It is surprising me to find that tears are coming to my eyes as I type that. I really miss her and her family! We are blessed in this modern age to have Skype and other ways to communicate. I can pick up the phone and call her and it is not even long distance thanks to Magic Jack. But, it is not the same. So many little things that happen throughout the day, that I might have talked to her about when we saw each other are just not things that you would call someone on the other side of the world about. Her family is living in the Philippines. There is a thirteen hour time difference. When I feel like talking she is sleeping and vice-versa.

The snow today made me realize that this is the second 'winter' they haven't gotten to see snow. The low today, where they live is 78 degrees. I look across the street and see their little white house without them in it I have missed seeing so much of my nieces and nephew growing up. There is such a big change in a young man from 11 to 13 or a girl 9-11 or 13-15. Yes, I can chat with them on facebook, but it is not the same as giving them a hug and having a face to face chat. I think I have grown to appreciate them more. I have come to appreciate the importance of developing my near family relationships. Time is pressing inexorably along. It is people that matter in God's economy not things. I need to do a better job of tending the relationships in my life. Keeping a close watch and open ear for those I love.

I really do miss my sister.
Happy Valentine's Day, Mir!
~Mom

1 comment:

  1. This made me cry!!!I miss all of you guys so much and in only 3 months and 17 days we will see you all again!!! I can't wait!!!
    K

    ReplyDelete