Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Life at the Mango's

I have been feeling terribly uninspired when it comes to writing. I feel like I have been in survival mode and my creativity has fled. I am trying to be a bit more disciplined and will do better in the future. Stay tuned, things may start happening fast.

The children find joy wherever they see it. They get lots of giggles, even if it is from a funny shaped potato. They thought this one looked like Mr. Magoo or Ziggy.

Elizabeth likes to help Michelle with her babysitting jobs. She thinks she is one of the big kids now. She will have her sixth birthday this month. She is learning to play chess. She has done pretty well with checkers for awhile. She likes Skyping her cousins in the Philippines and then playing games with them. The children have a good time together even if they are located on the opposite sides of the world. The clocks are opposite too. Our children are going to bed as they are getting up. It makes for some interesting conversations... "What are you going to do today?" "Go to bed." "Oh yeah... what did you do today then?" Then the conversation takes off.

Michelle is investigating starting a business making cake pops. They taste incredible and are incredibly bad for you. That girl just can't seem to get away from the desserts, even though she never eats them. These were chocolate dipped in chocolate tinted orange. They were supposed to be pumpkins, but they didn't quite turn out to look that way. They tasted great and they disappeared at AWANA.

I love autumn and Dallas loves leaves. He really wishes that we wouldn't gather them up and get rid of them. I am a football fan and really like OSU. I was sad when they lost. I could go on and on, but I will spare you all my rantings and ravings.

I have been amazed at some of God's answers to prayer. It never turns out how we expect, but it is always right and good. He has so much creativity and He uses it abundantly. There is never the same sunset twice.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
~Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment