Saturday, January 9, 2010

Updates and Prayer Requests

I am back to blogging! I trust you had a wonderful Christmas and that your New Year is going well.

I took a break to enjoy Christmas and get caught up on my office paperwork, and year end stuff. I am almost done. Yeah!! I have a number of blog posts to get out over the next couple days. I hope you enjoy reading them.

First, a Lily update:
Lily has returned to school and is doing well. She is still not able to weight bear and is limited in her mobility. Her school is not handicapped accessible so she has to go up the stairs to her classroom on her behind. She is glad to be back. Please do pray that the motion in her ankle would increase so she will be able to walk 'normally'.

We would also appreciate prayer for our friend Angie. She is a thirty-ish mom with an 18 month little boy who was diagnosed with an aggressive tongue cancer. Very Rare, in fact the doctors can't remember a case like hers. She never smoked, chewed or did any of the behaviors that make it more likely. They did surgery about 2 months ago, and thought they got it all. Now they aren't sure and this week she started radiation and aggressive chemotherapy. There are a lot of side effects to both treatments. Please pray for her and her husband Jason and their little boy Brady. She has felt really sick this week after the chemo. Thanks!

Keep reading.
~Mom

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure it's a good feelling to get that paperwork and such like behind you!! My prayers are with your friend! That would be so tough! I pray she is a believer in the Lord...that will help so much! Have a great weekend! God bless..... Carmen Byler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie and her family are believers. Her husband works at the mission in Akron. Thanks for praying! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete