Sunday, February 16, 2014

Time Flies

I must be having fun!  I can't believe that it has been a couple weeks since I wrote a blogpost.  My Mom called  me tonight and asked me to get going and write some more blogposts.  The relatives are getting restless without their farm fixes. I have a lot of posts that I intended to write, but somehow I didn't make it to the computer to get them done.

Snow, snow everywhere!

I have had some people asking what has been going on. OK,  Winter has been happening!  We have had lots and lots of cold and snow.  Very little warm up or thawing.  The warm up is supposed to happen this week.

Sunsets are beautiful especially as they reflect off the snow

It has been very pretty out here on the farm.  The sunrises and sunsets have been gorgeous.   The deer have been out feeding in the fields in the evening.  I enjoy all our time out here.

Winter sunset

We have been busy with basketball, speech and debate, church, and family life.  We are back homeschooling diligently.

Drifts are everywhere 

I have been dreaming of spring.  Lots of dreams of gardening and plans for the farm this summer.  I have been doing a lot of reading and studying on permaculture and biodynamics.  I am fascinated by these concepts and I am excited to try some of them.  I ordered chicks and will pick them up in the beginning of March.  I have ordered seeds and I am ready to try my hand at starting my own plants.
This is going to be a lot of work but also a lot of fun!

The icicles are all crooked and bent from the wind

Well, the first debate tournament is over and there will be a bit of a lull from the frantic pace of the last couple weeks.  I will try to get lots of posts done in the next couple weeks.
Enjoy the pictures of winter on the farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment