Friday, September 4, 2009

A Godly Heritage

We are so blessed to have christian parents. It is truly a godly heritage. I am so blessed to have a wonderful relationship with both my mother and father-in-law. It was almost exactly 4 years ago that they spent 3 months living here while Dad had heart surgery and all the follow up. I really felt like we got a chance to know each other as adults. They both truly love the Lord.
My M-I-L is a wonderful mom and grandma. When she comes to visit she takes time to do something special with each grandchild. Here she is working puzzles with Elizabeth. She also take time one on one to visit and encourage her daughter-in-laws. It means so much to me to know that she prays and cares for us, even though we don't have much time together. She is one of the few people that cares enough to go through all the children's school books and wants to see what we are doing. There is never a critical word either. She finds things to affirm in everything. I know she has wondered at some of the decisions we have made, but she has always been supportive. She really shows God's love in a practical encouraging way.
I thank God for both of my in-laws!
~Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment