Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lambert Family Reunion

The Lambert Family reunion has been held in the same pavilion for over 60 years! There were 67 people there. The food was excellent, and the desserts looked great. I tried to stay away from them, but I must admit that a small piece of Virginia's blackberry cobbler found its way onto my plate. It was delicious. The children had a great time playing games together. Todd and Miriam did an excellent job organizing all the games.

Dad (Uncle Karl) was all time pitcher. Everyone who wanted to could play. They postponed the game until the field was in the shade. The temperature was about 95 and humid. You could see a haze over all the area. Fortunately, there was a light breeze, or we might have really suffered.

Miriam made sure everyone got involved in the games. She is used to taking charge after many years of Awana. We all had a good time.


This is my bro Nathan and his little girl Reagan. Yes, she was named after his favorite president.



Michelle had a good time playing ball. The players ranged in age from 5-70+. It truly was a family affair. There weren't any fights and it was a lot of fun to watch.

This is my Mom, here older sister Donna, and my Aunt Sue who is visiting here from Saskatchewan. She is the Grandma to all the girls staying at our house.

Elizabeth had a good time playing on the playground equipment. Here she is with her cousin Maralee.
It was so nice to have a good time visiting family. Like all families we have certain struggles, but we are blessed to have a godly heritage. Many of my extended family are believers, and most of my more immediate family loves the Lord. A lot of my grandparents and great grandparents were saved as adults, but they still managed to pass on their faith. I do thank God for that. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment