Tuesday, November 26, 2013

10 MORE things that I am thankful for on the Farm

Here are 10 more things I am thankful for here on the farm...

 

1. I am thankful that the quality of our eggs has gone up a couple more notches with the chickens out scratching now.  Now the yolks are amazingly orange, and oh so yummy!!


2. I am thankful that my guys can go out hunting back in the woods.  Yesterday, Paul took T-Bob out before church.  They saw a lot of deer tracks and some rabbits, but the only thing they got was cold. They didn't see any deer.

The Spring

If you look carefully,  you can see the water

3.  I am happy we have a spring on the property.  I had read about springs, but never really saw one in real life.  There is a bunch of brush and grass growing around it as it is too wet to mow in that area.  If you look carefully into the grass you see the top of the water.  Someday we will test the quality of it and run a pipe deeper down into the aquifer that we live on.  It is something to be thankful for!


4.  I am very thankful for my granite countertops!  It is so easy to take care of and so pretty.  I also like the fact that they are at a higher height.  It is so nice to be able to chop vegetables on a counter top that is the right height and doesn't give one a backache from bending over.  Thank-you to my DH for designing this peninsula.


5.  I am thankful for our fireplace.  It is able to burn both gas or logs.  It gives a nice cozy feel to the living room.  It gives it a focal point that makes the room more comfortable.


6.  I am thankful for our fruit trees.  At the old house, we had so little room for fruit trees, and here we have so much space for lots of fruit trees.  We were so blessed to find them on sale this fall.  Thank-you Lord!


7.  I am thankful for all the wildlife around.  Lots of birds, garter snakes, opossums, and different kinds of squirrels are around all the time.  It gives the farm so much vigor!


8.  I am thankful we have a paved driveway.  It gives the children a place to ride their bikes, and run.  It will also be a lot easier to clean the snow off, rather than a gravel lane.

9.  I am thankful that the farm came with barn cats.  They keep the wildlife down in the barn (aka mice and rats).  I really don't like mice!  Anything that gets rid of them is good with me.


10.  I am thankful for our fields and soon to be pastures.  I will be happy to see steers out there this summer, wandering and munching the grass.

Stay tuned for some more things I am thankful for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment