Thursday, November 14, 2013

Like Mother Like Daughter


Every once in awhile you see your children or a child doing something and it makes you laugh, because you can remember doing the same thing yourself.  This was one of those moments.  I was sitting there and looked up to see Elizabeth standing there stirring her soup and reading a book.  This was truly not a posed picture.  I know my family will laugh when they see this as most of my growing up years I had a book stashed somewhere on my person.  I would read 3 or 4 full length books (150-300 pages) a day!  If there was nothing critical I had to do I would be reading.  I used to hide up in the tree tops with a book where my family  couldn't see me.  My hearing got progressively worse, the better I was hid.  Nope, I was reading, I didn't hear any one calling me.  My Elizabeth has been a reading machine lately.  Watching her just brings back so many memories of my own childhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment