Friday, November 29, 2013

ANOTHER 10 things I am thankful for

A little bit late, because we were so busy trying to get everything ready for our Thanksgiving guests.
But still Thankful!


1. I am thankful for my new kitchen.  When we moved in it was a very old and run down farm kitchen.  We gutted it and gave it a total makeover.  I really like it now!  It is so pretty and fairly functional!


2. I was very happy to get the water turned on in the kitchen peninsula.  My DH worked late hours to get it running before all our company.  Michelle was so happy to have a sink her height.  Elizabeth will have to wait to grow into it.


3. I really like the family room.  It is so cozy and comfy.  We spend most of our time there when we are not eating.  I am so thankful to have a place to hang out and visit as well as a place for our guests to use their electronic devices (haha)!

Table set up in the dining room

Table set up in the dining room
4. I am thankful for places to set up tables for company.  We had 19 people at our Thanksgiving table.  We had room for more and without being squished or uncomfortable.   I am THankful we still have space for guests!


5. I am thankful for a house that is light and airy and makes you feel at home.  I get claustrophobic when I can't see out.  I never have that problem in this house.  You can always see out in at least two directions.  I love that!


6. I am thankful that we not only have a really nice barn, but also a shop and garage.  This gives my DH space to store his things as well.  I can't wait until we are all settled and can enjoy our time here even more.


7. Peaceful.... That is how it feels to live here.  I am thankful for that feeling!  It just feels good and as the boxes get emptied and moved out that feeling just keeps getting better!



8. I am thankful that the farm is such a fun place for kids to run and play!  There is space to move and things to do.  That is so much better than it was in the yard of the old house.  Especially, when the children are here all the time, it is nice for everyone to have a reason to go outside, even if it is just to take care of the critters!




9. I am thankful that the farm is a great place to do a photo shoot!  The two younger girls have spent a lot of time lately taking pictures of Michelle wearing bows.  I guess I won't be having to have Michelle's Senior Pictures taken. They have done a pretty amazing job of that themselves!


10.  I am so thankful that the farm is close to family and friends!
It is a little further than the old house, but it is close enough that you really don't have to think about going!  We enjoy having people over and it is a delight to have more space to work with, especially outdoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment